Monday 27 December 2010

Birthday and other wishes

So here I am on my 41st birthday wishing not for presents and cake but for it to be the 5th January so that our new adventure can begin. The snow and rain outside only emphasise the difference in climate between where we are now and where we are headed and how much we want to be there!

Its odd that the time between finishing work at the end of August and Carl finishing at the end of November seemed to go so fast but December has lasted forever. That said the trip seems more surreal than ever and its only when I look at my christmas presents, rain poncho, thermal vest, water bottle etc that it reminds me that this is real and I am one very lucky girl to have this opportunity.

So with the final few preparations now made all that remains is to enjoy the last few days with family and friends and , as it's my birthday, a few glasses of wine as well.

For once I am really excited about what the new year will bring. One thing I do know for sure is that my wish has come true as I will be spending the next year Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment