Friday 25 February 2011

Bait

For those who have not been on a safari you are probably not aware of what a 'bait seat' is.  Well, imagine a seat stuck on to the bonnet of a jeep...well, this is basically it. And it's called a bait seat as you are the closest to the hungry animals and when you sit up there yards from lions you really do feel like bait!!

It is actually a great vantage point for viewing game as you are raised up and do not have people getting in your way.  You also see the road first so it's great for tracking...but when the cruiser pull into sightings you are very very close to the game.

The first time for me we went into lion and Rhino sightings - flippin scary stuck I can say.  The male lion was about 3 metres from the car; I'm sure he could smell my fear (I certainly could!).

Rach also went bait in the first week and she also got close and personal to the lions (mostly lionesses).  I have some pics of this somewhere and will add them to this when I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment