Monday 22 November 2010

End of work, start of something new

Rachel finished her work at the end of August, and I’m due to finish mine at the end of November.  As an IT contractor I had an obligation to a long standing client to work on a project that went through to that date, which I was happy to complete.  I will miss the people I have been working with over the years but something new and exciting calls.

Both Rachel and I are city slickers; you could say we’ve never done an honest day’s work in our life!  Apart from a stint on a building site for me when I was a student, and Rachel doing Christmas cover at M&S, we’ve always worked in offices.  This year in the bush will for us be so far away from our norm than we could ever hope to go.  Scary? Yes.  Excited? Hell yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment