Monday 22 November 2010

Getting Fit

We (well me anyway) always knew that the pounds had been put on over the last 10 or so years, and middle age spread was taking hold.  Losing the excess and getting fit was therefore a necessity for us.  The last thing we wanted was for others on the course being annoyed as they were being held up by the old fatties.

Back in July I joined a gym and Rach started to use the treadmill at home.  My target was to get from 15 stone 8 down to, well anything starting with 13 would be nice!  Rach’s target was mostly fitness as she is already slim, but in the 4 months she has managed not only increased fitness but also lost over a stone (which in my eyes makes her doubly fit !).

For me, July was the start of my obsession; and in the 4 months since then I’ve lost 2.5 stone and gained massively in fitness.  Pity none of my clothes now fit me, but this in itself has shown how much I have lost.  Now when those lions charge, I may not be the slowest and become the meal ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment